Sunday, April 16, 2017

Create Tool of Choice (Lensoo Create): Mathematics

     

     I used Lensoo Create, which is similar to eduCreate, but is a tool available to Android and Samsung users. There is also a website, so it can be used on a computer. I used it to create an educational video about bar graphs and picture graphs as well as how to answer two step "more than" and "less than" word problems using the information represented on the graphs. I can use this to narrate a video as I draw it as substitution for drawing on a whiteboard. 
     I liked how easy it was to draw on the screen; it was like actually drawing on a whiteboard. I really enjoyed how easy it was to change the color of the marker and how many different colors were available. I liked that you could start recording the video with text or drawings already on the screen and that you could erase all of the drawings at once. The only thing I didn't like is that you could not restart the recording if you made a mistake. So I would have to start the video all over again, which could become frustrating. Other than that, I loved this resource.
     My students can use this to do math homework instead of using paper. They can write in the corner what number they are working on (ex: Problem 1) and then solve it on the screen. This way, I can save paper and listen to how the students are thinking through the problem. My students can also make videos of themselves taking notes in class so that they can play them back later to study and hear everything that I said or they said while taking the notes.

Standards:
ISTE: Innovative Designer: "I solve problems by creating new and imaginative solutions using a variety of digital tools".
EdTech: Standard 8: "Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5,6)".
UEN Content: Strand: Measurement and Data, Standard 3.MD.3, "Draw a scaled picture graph and a scaled bar graph to represent a data set with several categories. Solve one-and two-step "how many more" and "how many less" problems using information presented in scaled bar graphs. For example, draw a bar graph in which each square in the bar graph might represent five pets."




No comments:

Post a Comment